Monday, November 5, 2007

Mmmm....dessert



I have been lazy in not posting. It has been almost a month. Anyhow, I will strive to post more and take more photos too.

Last night , after work, a group of us had an "Iron Chef" competition. The secret ingredient, Sake! I did not compete, but did bring a sake dessert. The photo is from the website where I got the recipe. Warm Oranges with Sake Cream Sauce and Seasame Bark. Amazingly enough the ones I made looked like the photo. (I always prefer a cookbook or recipe with pictures.) Rei won. His plating was amazing. And his dessert was a chocolate thing that had tapioca, i.e. what you find in bubble tea. It was loaded with sake and it was yummy.

Work has been going well. We have been busy, especially on Sundays.

A few weeks ago I was on a mission to find some "fashion denim". I was all over, Lohmans, Macy's, Bloomingdales, assorted boutiques, and finally Saks. I was mentally prepared to lay down a chunk of change. Digging in Saks I came across a pair of Diesel Jeans. $200. Not too bad considering I had seen some that were $400+. And bonus, they were on sale for $79.90. I pride myself on my bargain hunting skills. Also, they look great and fit great.

No comments: