Monday, August 22, 2011

A hint of fall in the air...

August is winding down. Long stretches of hot, and humid weather are becoming far and few between. Soon the leaves with start to complete their yearly transformation. I look forward to crisp mornings. Wearing layers, and coats. The hint of a fire burning somewhere in the near distance. (Yes, there are people who still have wood burning fireplaces in NYC!) So, to get in the mood, I am doing some browsing on the interwebs for some fall fashion pieces.
The Bryant Shoe from ToBoot New York was love at first site. It's the perfect shoe  for jeans, cords, and days you need an extra bit of traction. I tend to find a shoe that inspires me, and build a look from it. It's a good thing I am not a lady, I would have a shoe for every outfit!
Frye recently opened a shop on Spring Street in SoHo. I have yet to stop in, but they do appear to have some very nice boots!
I have been on the look out for a great tote bag. Jack Spade, Coach, Prada, Louis Vuitton. So many choices. As the weather gets colder, I tend to need to carry more stuff. I often have to lug my shoes because I am sporting a rain or snow boot to commute. I'll know when I see the right one! Also, spending a bit of money on good quality pieces, and timeless design, means longevity. 


As the day light grows shorter, I know fall is on it's way. For now, I can simply day dream.

1 comment:

Hosta Nerd said...

My friend sells Frye boots. They are very well made. I tried them on, but they are made for looks and not comfort. The older I get the more I seem to drift towards comfort, pretty soon I'll be sporting librarian shoes.