Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Get your Vlog On

Vlogging requires a giant leap of faith. I recently took a first step towards that leap. I purchased a camera that records HD video. I have a Youtube Channel ready to go. There are even a few videos there that I have uploaded from my phone. Click on the link above and check them out.  Now the harder part begins. Making videos.

I am working on getting over my camera shyness. Not only do I not like hearing myself, I do not like watching myself so much either. I am sure with time it will get better, and I will not even think twice about it. As one You Tuber said "You can always delete the parts you don't like. No one has to see it".

Vloggers also have to be willing to put it all out there. You are basically letting people into your day-to-day life. I feel I am at a place in my life where I know who I am and what I am all about. And I want to share it with my family, friends, and the world.

I have been watching several vlogs for the past 6 or 7 years. CTFxC, Shaytards, BFvsGF, and JoeyGraceffa. It's part of my nightly routine. Each of the videos are around 7-10 minutes, and often very entertaining. They all post a video almost everyday! Which, if you have ever edited a video, can be very time consuming. Many of them do not even have regular jobs. Their job is making the videos. And yes, you can earn a living once your channel has been monetized by becoming a You Tube Partner.

So, I have been inspired to start my own vlog. I'm going to use the above vloggers as a guide. It's pretty straight forward. Keep it simple, be nice, record often, edit down to shorter videos, and have fun! Some days will be more exciting than others. Vacations and field trips will add interest. I also look at this as a way to get Craig and I out and about more!

Look for a teaser video to launch soon! I'll let you know when it's been posted via all those social networky sites. Watch a video or two. Thumbs up, and click subscribe!

Oh, and if you haven't already, please follow my blog here, find me on Facebook, twitter, google+, and instagram!

No comments: