Monday, October 17, 2011

Uniqlo Madness

This afternoon I braved the crowds to shop at the Uniqlo World Flagship Store on fifth avenue. There was a line to get in, but it went fast. The store is huge. 89,000 square feet huge, on several levels. There is a lot of glass and mirrors so it is easy to get disoriented. Men's and women's often are on the same floors. It's sort of the Ikea of clothing. Simple, and affordable. I purchased two 100% cashmere sweaters and socks, which were 4 for $12.90! I can not even imagine how much money this place brings in daily. The line to check out went fast, and the cashiers were very friendly. I appreciate the handing everything with both hands Japanese cultural way. If I return I think I will go first thing when they open to avoid the madness. I'm just happy I don't work in clothing retail anymore. Folding all of those sweaters. Oh vey!

No comments: