Monday, July 25, 2011

Medicine Cabinet Makeover

I have been wanting to organize and clean-up my medicine cabinet for some time now. Today was the perfect day. Grey and rainy. A quick trip to the Container Store to pick-up a few risers and organizational containers, and viola!


This is the before shot. How did I manage with this mess day after day.


This is the after. Ahhhhh........neat, clean, and organized. Three of my favorite words. All labels must face forward. 



Here is a close-up of a great piece with a drawer to contain all those little things.





The risers make great use of the vertical space in the cabinet.


To start I emptied out the cabinet completely. I wiped it down, and then sorted through everything. I got rid of expired, and old items. I tossed an old electric razor. I can't recall the last time I used it?! I kept the items I use daily on the bottom shelf. The middle shelf has things I use a few times a week, and the top shelf holds "back-stock" and items rarely used. I grouped items together by their purpose, i.e. shaving items, lotions, face masks, oral care, etc. Let's just say I have a lot of Aveda Foot Lotion. I guess i need to start giving myself foot massages!

Being organized helps you realize how much of what you already have, thus preventing you from over purchasing. I probably will not need to buy shaving cream for about another year. What's your medicine cabinet look like? What are you hoarding in there? What's the oldest thing you keep around?

No comments: