Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Missing St. Martin




I am missing the peaceful calm of St. Martin. The waves gently lapping the sand. The distant bird calls. The warm breeze blowing. Instead, I hear jack hammers pounding. Buses backing up and applying their air breaks. Sirens, helicopters, and boat horns. 3 long blows means the boat is backing up. Oh, and also the blasting in the evenings. 1 blow of the horn=attention. 2=warning, 3=all clear. I can't wait until we are in our new home on the upper, upper East Side. I have a feeling it will be a bit calmer and quieter.

1 comment:

Angela said...

hmmm... you made me think of the traffic today. So tired of the traffic ... although it does amuse me when the French language stations describe the highway I'm about to go on as 'cement' ... a good descriptive, eh?