Monday, December 8, 2008

Back home....







Well, I have been back at home in NYC for a few weeks now. I had a great time in Minneapolis for work, but I did miss The Big Apple. Kate is in the first photo at her Halloween party. I loved the fact she was adding logs to the fire in white gloves. The next couple of photos are from my "going away" at Central. What a super team of people that put our website together! They work so hard and there is so much involved in putting the Web site together. They got me a delicious chocolate cake.

The Sunday evening before Thanksgiving my store has a Thanksgiving feast, and I mean feast. We all bring assorted dishes and desserts. Room & Board provides the turkey and wine. I brought a sour cream apple pie from the Little Pie Company. I was too tired, having just gotten back from Minneapolis, to bake. Betty made a wonderful sangria, and there was green bean casserole of course, mac&cheese, banana pudding, cranberry sauce. Rei made a great salsa with lots of cilantro. Ryan's Chrity Turlington potatoes exploded, unfortunately. Someone put a cold dish directly on a hot plate, and ka-boom! I had them last year though, and they are very good. I guess someone in Ryan's family knows or knew Christy's mom or grandma, and this his her recipe.

Craig and I went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year. We were standing right near the theatre where David Letterman is filmed. The balloons look much smaller in person, but are fun. Some are looking their age. Also, people bring 10 foot ladders to stand on, so if you want to get a good seat right upfront, you have to be there early in the morning. Later that day Craig made a great Thanksgiving dinner of turkey breast, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes.

Finally, my brother and his wife had their baby, Wyatt, on the 28th! So I am an uncle! It will be fun to visit with them over Christmas. Pictures to come.

No comments: