Monday, September 29, 2008

Magic Black Box




Yesterday I purchased an iphone. My Tmobil contract is up at the end of October, so I figured it was a perfect time. It truly is amazing with all that it can do, and you can do with it. I can post on here from it! So now I have no excuse not to be posting more regularly. Craig has had one for a few weeks now, and I always refer to it as his magic black box.

I have been off work for 8 days now, on a staycation. Craig and I walked over the Brooklyn Bridge. I realized as we walked over the bridge and back the fact that sometimes I forget where I live. The everyday hustle and bustle almost blurs everything, and then there are moments, such as walking over the bridge, that makes me realize I live in New York City. We also stopped on the stairs of the court house, as seen on Law & Order. They are smaller in person. I think just about everything appears smaller in person as compared to what you see on the TV.

We also went and saw the movie "Burn after Reading". It was pretty good. We went before noon, and it was only $6 a person. We had Chinese after at Ollies, which is a few blocks from our apartment on 42nd.When you sit down at your table and greeted the server arrives with a nice pot of tea. It was good, and for only $7.95 we each had miso soup, choice of rice and a main dish. I had chicken and broccoli. It was a ton of food, so I had left overs.

One evening we tried a new place, 5 Napkin Burger, on 9th. It was very loud, and there decoration theme included subway tiled walls, thus the loudness, rails on the ceiling that had meat hooks hanging from them, and cool incandescent bulbs. We each had their famous 5 Napkin Burger. It was $14.95 and came with a bowl of fries. The burger was too big for me to eat with my hands so I used my fork and knife. It was good, but not spectacular. The fries were pretty good, and I enjoyed a couple watermelon martinis.

No comments: