Monday, March 17, 2008

Ahhh.....Vacation!






I finally got around to uploading the pictures from our trip to Key West. The first day was cool and very windy. It was funny to hear them talk about wind chill warnings on the news. 40 degree wind chill, oh my! Thursday got a bit warmer and it was very sunny. Too sunny. Neither one of us put on sun block and got burnt. None the less, we could not lay out at the beach anymore. Our room had a balcony that over looked the pool and beach though. Overall the trip was very laid back and relaxing. 915, our favorite restaurant, was still as good as ever. I ate a lot of shrimp, scallops, and Key Lime pie.

On the small plane(only seats 17 people) ride from West Palm Beach to Key West an older lady sat next to me and asked if I thought the plane was safe. It was her first time on a small plane. I let her know it is loud and bumpy, but and she would be fine. The whole hour long ride she prayed. When we finally landed she said it actually wasn't that bad!

Well, it's St. Patrick's Day, and there is a huge parade on 5th Ave. 250,000 people in the parade, and 2 million+ people watching. I think I will stay away from that crowd.

No comments: